Welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I welcome your comments and suggestions. Artesia Real Estate is what I am passionate about. Please contact me if you have any questions or need information on anything Real Estate related.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Home-Ownership

Freedom is a wonderful thing. It's not free as we know, but it is plentiful in our great Country. I want to thank all Veterans for their service and sacrifice. Everyday should be Veteran's Day.

Let me set up a scenario for you. One that's happened to all of us. You drive past a home with a Realtor's sign in the yard. It's a beautiful house and you want to know more about it. What is your first instinct? Is it to call the name on the sign? Or do you immediately call the Realtor you have worked with before, perhaps many times, and who has earned your trust? As a Realtor, the answer I would love to hear from people depends on whether my name is on the sign or not. But since this is my blog, and I can use it for my own marketing purposes, No matter the house, no matter the sign, I hope you call ME.

This brings up a serious misconception I hear often from people. Many folks believe that if they are interested in a home, they must call the name on the sign. The true and simple fact is that any Realtor who is a member of the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) can show you any property, listed by any Realtor. If you have never worked with a local Realtor, then the name on the sign may be a good place to start. Call that Realtor, and try them on for size. See if he/she seems dedicated to you finding the right home. Is he/she available when you need service?

There are many dedicated real estate professionals in Artesia. I am one of them. If you need the services of a Realtor to find a home, sell a home, or sell a commercial property, please consider me, but realize you have many choices. Take your time and make sure the one you choose is the right one for your particular situation.

As Realtors, we have many avenues to market your property. The internet provides many opportunities to reach an audience that may have never been touched before. Make sure your Realtor is taking advantage of every opportunity to reach others on your behalf. It is my goal to utilize every available method for marketing and research. Sometimes we get lulled into thinking that our little town doesn’t require new and innovative techniques to conduct business. Things are changing rapidly here and everywhere. We need to keep pace or get left behind. Technology doesn't have to rule our lives in order to be a useful and effective tool.

Real estate transactions can be long and confusing. Our job is to make them easier. Use a Realtor who uses all available tools to aid in this process. Like me, for instance.

No comments:

Post a Comment